Nick’s Lake House is the latest edition of the first hotel and restaurant built in Lake Harmony.
The original hotel and restaurant was completed and opened on this site on July 4, 1923. Known as the Lake Harmony Hotel it catered to the local residents, both full-time and “week-enders,” and to a steady tourist trade. On this site, prior to 1923, the Henning family operated an ice house business which stored ice cut from the frozen lake in winter.
They used sawdust and straw to keep the ice in frozen block form until it was delivered to New York and Philadelphia in the summer months keeping the “Ice Boxes” of the period cold.
Since then, Lake Harmony Lodge has served as the first and one of the most popular destinations at this scenic resort we call Lake Harmony. We are pleased to continue this great tradition.